1) Insert your USB Programming Cable.
2) Launch Device Manager.
[ Start | Right-click Computer | Select Properties | Device Manager ]
3) Select: Ports (COM & LPT)
If there is a yellow warning triangle under ‘Ports’ or ‘Other Devices’, you have an incompatible driver and need to continue.
If there is no yellow warning triangle, you have the correct driver and are ready to load your programming software.
Your software will ask for this Com Port number later.
If you change USB ports, the Com Port number will also change.
Installing the Proper New Prolific PL-2303 Drivers 126.96.36.199
System Requires 32/64 bit Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
1) Create a new work Folder on your PC.
2) Download the Prolific 188.8.131.52 driver file and save it to the work folder.
[Download] Password : www.hamedsalami.com
3) Remove the USB programming cable from your PC.
4) Double-click the file that was saved into the work folder and follow the prompts until it is completely installed.
5) Plug the USB programming cable into the USB port of your PC.
You should see a balloon popup that says “Installing device driver software”
A few seconds later you will get a balloon popup that says
“Device driver software was not successfully installed”
6) Launch Device Manager.
[ Start | Right-click Computer | Properties | Device Manager ]
You will see one of the following errors in Device Manager.
In ‘Other Devices’ the ‘USB-Serial Controller’ is proceeded by a YELLOW warning.
In ‘Ports (COM & LPT)’ the ‘Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COMx)’ is proceeded by a YELLOW warning.
7) Right-click on the entry with the error to open a window and select
“Update driver software…”
8) At the first Update Driver Software prompt, select
“Browse my computer for driver software”.
9) At the second Update Driver Software prompt, select
“Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
10) At the third Update Driver Software prompt, scroll down and select
“Ports (COM & LPT)”.
11) At the fourth Update Driver Software prompt, select
“Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version: 184.108.40.206 [7/31/2007]”.
You should get a prompt saying that the driver was installed successfully.
You should now see a properly installed Prolific driver in Device Manger.
You can check that the correct version is installed by double-clicking on the Prolific entry in device manager and selecting the Driver tab.
The driver version shown should be v220.127.116.11
12) Remove the USB programming cable from your PC and then plug the USB programming cable back in.
13) (Optional) Reboot your computer.